Trummelbach-Falle


We ate lunch in the Trummelbach Falls picnic area. Marv and Joyce offered to watch the girls and Silas; while Jer, Shane, and myself went to Trummelbach-Falls. Marv and Joyce had been to them sometime before and said they were very worth the visit. They were SO VERY RIGHT! Shane said this was the BEST place he had been yet in all of Europe!!! Trummelbach is 10 glacierwater falls inside the mountain. You can climb steps or take an elevator up, then walk through caves to see the melt from the Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau (3 mountain peaks) pounding through the mountain. AWESOME!!!

We took the elevator up first, climbed more steps up higher, and then walked all the way down; thus seeing all of the falls. AWESOME and AMAZING (have I said that already)!! The water pouring through the mountain was so powerful - I can hardly explain it....
Not the best picture - taken as we were going up the elevator...looking down. From this point we hiked up more steps, stopping off at several platforms to view the waterfalls.

Inside one of the caves, it was wet and misty, we walked along a crevice/gorge where the water was just pounding through at such volume! You can see some logs and such that were jammed in between the crevice.
Jer and Shane - right behind them is one of the spouts where the water is just pouring out....pouring isn't quite the right word for it really....I just can't describe how much pressure there was...POWERFUL!!!!
This was my favorite part of the waterfall. There was this huge boulder in the middle of a pool. Water was (here's that word again) pouring down on top of it. I took a picture looking up, you can see another viewing platform...we then hiked up there and I took a picture looking down on the boulder again.
It was just really neat! We kept going higher - and seeing more water pouring down....cutting through the mountain. It is amazing to think of how the Swiss built the tunnels and platforms for us tourists to experience these falls inside this mountain. Amazing, these falls are a truely amazing wonder of God's creation!
At the top platform. There is a big concrete barrier, which must be used to keep the water from pouring into the caves and tunnels where us tourists are...
More powerful pressure!
We walked back down the steps and saw the rest of the falls.
Each and every part of Trummelbach falls were awesome! Did I mention it was LOUD! The thundering of the water was amazing. We were quite high up, so I took a scenic picture of the valley as well. And one last photo as the falls ended. Then turned into a peaceful stream that runs through the valley.
Back at the picnic area, Marv and Silas are becoming buds!! And Joyce had a marvelous time with the girls. THANKS Marv and Joyce, we so appreciated having you watch the younger 3! It would have been hard for them to do all the steps, and I'm not sure they would have liked how LOUD and even scarey the water was at times. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

1 comment:

The Novotny News said...

Looks like a wonderuful time!! We are missing Germany more and more as I unpack our belongings. I hope all is well with you guys...it looks like it!! Take care and keep in touch!