Flights Home

I remembered to take a few photos of us on our flight home this time. The first two pictures are on our short flight from SF to Chicago. Silas sat by the window and enjoyed looking out. The sun was pretty bright....so it is hard to see....but I was trying to capture the "grid" of gravel roads that make up the Midwest. Living in Europe, where almost all roads curve and curve again; and you never really know which direction you are driving...you come to appreciate (and miss) the N,S, E, W straight lines of the roads in the Midwestern United States!

The remaining pictures are from our flight back to Frankfurt. We've sat in all sorts of arrangements, but this time we all sat in a row...giving us 3 aisle seats...which is very nice considering leg room and how often we get up to use the bathroom!!! On our flight to the US, I (Kimber) think I spent at least an hour of my time (if not longer) taking the kids to the potty. Just when I'd get back with one the next one would have to go...and of course you have to consider time waiting for the bathroom to be unoccupied. Fortunately on the flight to the US we had no turbulance so the "fasten seatbelt" sign wasn't on except for take off and landing. On our flight back to Germany we had more turbulance -but the kids also slept more - so fortunately I wasn't constantly going to and from the bathroom....instead I was confined to my seat since one of my kids was asleep on my lap...go figure.
Seating arrangement - Jer (on aisle), Shane, Shaylee, and Silas, then me, but I am taking the picture so not in the photo (I am also on the aisle). Then Syd is on the other side of me across the aisle. Fortunately she had a nice German lady sitting next to her....you never know who you are going to end up sitting by!?!
Silas actually buckled in his seatbelt....for most of the flight he didn't like to actually sit still in his seat....such it is flying with a two year old!

No comments: