Cabin Work

Our vacation was not all play....we did some work on the cabin as well...it is a continual work in progress. Jer will tell you that working on his cabin is such an enjoyment for him...a stress reliever...he loves seening the progress after a day of working. He enjoys doing the hands-on projects and misses not having things like this to do in Germany.
Jer and Shane in the finished basement bedroom. They insulated the walls and put up the 1/2 log siding. Jer also put up the siding, enclosing the laundry room.
When my dad was up, they worked on the other basement bedroom. Silas even helped out that morning....he wanted to be with the big boys...and he loves tools!! I didn't get a picture of the finished bedroom, we ended up staining it a darker color since it was sided with leftover wood from the outside of the cabin. It turned out really neat, and gives that room a different feel.
Jer and my friend Ellen, stained the west-side of the cabin. We didn't have a ladder long/high enough to reach the peak. But Jer, being the engineer that he is, and a bit of a risk-taker, decided to rig up a make-shift ladder.
I (surprise, surprise) was just a bit nervous and worried about Jer climbing up his make-shift ladder. I couldn't watch him work out there....thus the reason Ellen stained and I went in the cabin (and said a few prayers) as they worked. I was glad when the peak was done and Jer came down safe and sound!

1 comment:

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

Jer- build the deck first and work off of it. Then your ladder would be tall enough. -Josh