Wednesday night my sister Kerri and her son Sawyer drove up to the cabin. She spent the night with us and the next day. I didn't take any pictures with my camera while she was there - she took them all and they are all on her camera. Thursday morning after breakfast my sister and I were cleaning up the dishes and Jer pulled us aside and told us to look out at the lake. It was GLASS! He said "how about we go skiing...it doesn't get any better than this". So we piled up the kids into the boat and out we went. It was so smooth that I could drive anywhere on the lake...perfect conditions for some skiing! Jer tried out his wakeboard too - and I got some skiing in as well. Upon our return to the dock, Kerri was trying to help reel up the boat on the boatlift. The reel spun loose and hit her finger. We noticed later that her ring was bent and her finger was swelling. We tried to bend her ring back into shape and get it off - but made it worse and ended up just cutting her ring off. Soon the swelling went down, and all was fine, except for the ring. Fortunately it wasn't her wedding ring!
Later in the day, the kids and I packed up and headed down to SC, with my sister, to see my folks and do some SHOPPING!!!! Friday morning I was at Walmart at 6am - getting some necessities....to be honest I was a bit overwhelmed! While in SC I also got to see my brother Kraig, and his wife Danielle and little girl Kyrianna, great grandma B, and grandma Harriet. It was good to see them all and catch up a bit again.
Shaylee and Grandma went on a little nature walk - collecting leaves. I'm glad I took a picture of this -as I don't think the leaves we saved will last long...they definately did NOT come back to Germany with us.
Having tea with Great Grandma B (mom in the background) and Grandma Harriet. I believe I ate my share of Great Grandma B's gingersnap cookies....yum, yum, yum!
Friday night Jer drove down and we went to his cousin Brooke's wedding. The kids had a great time with grandma and aunt Kerri while we were gone. They went to the swimming pool/aquadic center (again my sister took all the pictures) and to Mc Donald's for supper. I also forgot to take my camera to the wedding -but maybe someone out there has a few pictures to share?? I know I asked someone to take a picture of Jer and his two cousins, Shannon and Corey.
No comments:
Post a Comment