Sometimes I wonder why I keep things....like why would I hold on to a dress that Sydney wore back in 2003, for my brother Kraig's wedding?? I don't believe Shaylee ever wore it, but for some reason I kept it. Honestly I'm not sure if I bought it, or if it was a gift, but the more I think about it I think that Jer's mom may have bought it for Sydney...but anyway...In 2007, after having Silas (and assuming we were finished having kids) I got rid of pretty much all of the girls' baby clothes. As we were moving to Germany, I didn't see any reason to keep them. But apparently I still had the dress, and it, along with my wedding dress and a few prom dresses ended up at my parent's place hanging in the closet of my old bedroom. Fast forward to May of 2010 and the birth of Shelby. While visiting my parents this past summer I found the dress (and a few other outfits I had kept) and decided to take it back to Germany with me. Maybe, just maybe Shelby could wear it around Easter. So here it is 2011 (eight years since Sydney wore the purple dress) and I pulled it out and put it on Shelby. She is as adorable as ever in it....I'm so glad I kept it! But it sure makes me do a double take when I look at old photos. Now if only I'd kept the cute vest that Shane was wearing for Silas.
2003 (Shane and Sydney)
2011 - Shelby in Syd's Dress
Sydney also wore this dress in some other photos - but I don't know if I have any of them digitally saved (nor the originals here in Germany)...if I find some, I'll try and post them.
No comments:
Post a Comment