Easter Sunday in Holland

We got up Easter Sunday morning and said good-bye to our little bungalow by the sea. When I look at this picture I'm struck by how my kids have grown! They all are getting so big and growing up so fast...can I really be a mom to 5 kids?? Jer and I look at eachother sometimes and seriously wonder how/when this all happened - and if they are getting older, that means that we must be getting older too?!?! What, were not in our 20's anymore?!?

God is good -and he has been so good to us. He has blessed us beyond measure in so many ways, often ways we ourselves do not realize at the time. We've had our share of struggles (daily)! But through our trials God is working in us. And if we keep our focus on him, he will guide us. One of my favorite verses from the Bible that reminds me of this is Proverbs 3: 4-5. It states: Trust in the Lord with all yor heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. These same verses taken from The Message state: Trust God from the bottom of you heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Amen!

As we were driving back up towards Amsterdam (we were attending Easter Sunday services at Crossroads Church in Amstelveen) we saw these windmills along the highway. The new standing next to the old....great picture lesson.


We enjoyed a wonderful Easter service at Crossroads! Great praise and worship music and great teaching. We are so thankful for Jesus Christ. For his sacrifice for our sins, by dying on the cross....but the story doesn't end there. Christ is ALIVE. He rose from the dead and conquered death! He stands in victory! He is ALIVE today, everyday!

1 comment:

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

Who is this old woman with 5 kids! She is a crazy woman!! Just kidding, I love you and think you are as young looking as ever and you are probably full of energy too, right!? You have always been super Kimber...even when you had 2 kids! I actually know you are in survival all the time (at least if you are anything like me you are!), I cannot imagine having a baby along w/ my four!! It is busy--but sooo worth it! You are a blessed family. You have gotton to see and do so much while living there, you will probably look back at awe of the whole experience! I love the picture of your kids sitting in the sand looking back at you. That is precious! Looks like one of those to blow up and frame. Anyhow, I'll quit blabbing to you, stay in touch!!