Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - we got up early, drove through Switzerland, and were in Italy by about 7:30am! We still had a few hours to drive before getting to our first destination - the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We hit traffic around Milan - but fortunately it only set us back about an hour. We then hit fog - and remember it being very foggy in Italy the last time we were here (back in April). We were now hoping that it would clear off by the time we got to Pisa. No worries - it was a beautiful day!


We got a family shot too....

The tower - is definately LEANING....I thought I'd lean against it too....just to give it a bit more support while we were there!

You can walk right around the base (you can also climb it - but we didn't). It is such an amazing site...you are quite surprised that it hasn't fallen over!

We walked all the way around - here is a veiw from the otherside - so it is leaning the other direction...and this was the best picture I could get of Silas with the tower! He looks in awe right?!?
Our first glimpse of the tower - let's go check it out!
The kids each took turns "holding up" the tower. It was amazing how many other tourists were taking similar photos...it was actually quite amusing....
We got a family shot too....
The tower - is definately LEANING....I thought I'd lean against it too....just to give it a bit more support while we were there!
You can walk right around the base (you can also climb it - but we didn't). It is such an amazing site...you are quite surprised that it hasn't fallen over!
We walked all the way around - here is a veiw from the otherside - so it is leaning the other direction...and this was the best picture I could get of Silas with the tower! He looks in awe right?!?
We took a little rest on the marble steps and sat in the sunshine! Silas was playing with a little toy car on the marble. I'm not sure how many people walking by almost stepped on him or his little car. And Shane had some fun of his own with the camera....I think he was trying to straighten the tower!

No comments:
Post a Comment