Girls Weekend in Poland!

This past weekend (November 20-22) I went with nine other gals to Poland to shop for pottery! I had an awesome time, with awesome gals, who know how to have fun and shop!

My good friend Verena and I - and the group of gals: Nicole, Kathy, Cara, Lexi, Teina, Noelle, Heather, Vicki, Verena, and me!

We left Friday morning and drove about 6.5 hours to Boleslawiec, Poland. The drive seemed to go by so fast. It must have been due to the great "girl talk" and not having 4 kids in the backseat begging for food or asking "are we there yet". And best of all - I didn't have to take anyone potty but MYSELF! It was GREAT!!!!

When we arrived in Boleslawiec we decided to hit one of the pottery shops that was still open right away. I was so glad we did. I was a bit overwhelmed by the huge selection of pieces and patterns. It was nice that some of the gals had been here before, and knew what they were looking for. I loved looking at what the other gals were picking out and getting ideas and tips from them. Here is Verena in the first shop we went to....look at all the pottery!!!!!

We then headed to our hotel - The Blue Beetroot. What a great little hotel. It was so cozy and rustic. I loved it. We were all pretty tired of driving around - so we opted to have supper at the hotel. The food was great and so were the prices! With 10 of us we practically ordered everything on the menu! We had a fun evening, but were also ready to get to bed so we could get up and SHOP! SHOP! SHOP!

Kathy - in our room. And the gals at supper....sorry about the tilt in the picture...in order to get everyone on I had to stand way back against a wall and put my camera off to the side. I took 3 photos and this was the best one!

Saturday morning we ate a lovely breakfast at the hotel. I loved not being too rushed and once again only having to worry about myself. I had slept okay the night before. I was up for about an hour or so just because my mind was spinning over all the pieces of pottery I was thinking about!!!

Outside the first shop were all these BIG pieces of pottery - we couldn't resist a picture. Let the shopping begin!!!!

I love this picture of Vicki. She was checking out the map and list of pottery places - figuring out where we would go next! And at one place we got to peek back in the factory to see the pottery before it is beautifully hand-painted.
More shops - and a close up of my favorite piece that I bought for myself! I didn't buy it right away because I couldn't decide on it - but I am so glad I ended up getting it!!!!
Toward late afternoon our group split up as some of us wanted to get back to a store that was closing early and others of us wanted to check out a few places we had not yet been too. I was in a group with Lexi - and on our way back from one of the shops we had a little run in with the Polish Police! Making memories - that is for sure!!! Lexi handled it lovely - but still ended up with a ticket. Apparently she was speeding - although I think they saw our foreign plates and figured we'd been pottery shopping and would obviously have cash on hand...as the first question they asked her was if she had any cash! Crazy part was, that truthfully she didn't - as she had just spent her last dime at the place were were just at! But surprisingly enough we got pulled over right by a grocery mart that had an ATM....coincidence..hmmmm.

We finally made it back to the hotel. Here is Lexi showing off her ticket and enjoying a glass of wine. We all had massages or pedicures scheduled that evening - it was so nice to sit and relax after our day of shopping.
We then headed down for supper again at the hotel and got to sample even more delicious food. Did I mention that it was great to not have to share my food or cut it up for little ones or even have a little on sitting on my lap. I so needed some time away - and loved every minute of it! After supper we all went upstairs to our rooms and had a bit of show and tell. It was so fun to see what everyone had bought.
That night Verena and I stayed up way too late talking - but it was so much fun. I'm so glad we got to go on this trip together. She is moving to the US in January :( I am going to miss getting together with her weekly for coffee and watching our little ones play.
That was my weekend - it was so much fun. I really enjoyed getting to know some of the other gals better and can't wait to go back again....(I'll keep my fingers crossed). Jer did great at home with the kiddos all weekend (even though Silas was still running a fever). I came home to a clean house and all the dishes were done! I think I ought to go away with the girls more often!

1 comment:

Verena said...

I did not know that you had taken this many pics with me in it ...
Great post and I will miss you my friend