Busy Week

Since returning from our trip to Italy - we have been busy getting back into the swing of things with school and homework, catching up on laundry and other household chores, getting groceries and shopping for party supplies, making cupcakes 1 day and a cake the next, celebrating a birthday, and planning a birthday party. Needless to say it has been a busy week.

My laundry was really weighing me down...I don't even remember how many loads I did this week. All the clean laundry was piling up (on the guest room bed) awaiting folding. Every night I would pass by the room and sigh - stating to myself I would get to it tomorrow. I was thankful that it was clean laundry, that I had a washer and a dryer to help me accomplish getting the clothes from stinky and dirty to fresh smelling and clean. And I was also thankful for the abundance of clothing that I once again realized we have. But I still wasn't accomplishing the task of folding and putting away. Finally Friday morning arrived. I had to prepare for a birthday party that we were having for the girls on Saturday - but before spending any time on frosting and decorating the cake -I decided I must get the laundry taken care of. So here is my pile - and my little helper - who had a blast playing in the clean clothes!
Part of me can't believe I'm posting about laundry - when I have many readers anxiously awaiting to see birthday pictures. But I just want my readers to know that even though we travel and get to experience awesome things here in Europe - I still am a mom to 4 kids, wife to 1 man, and busy as ever with the day to day stuff - the laundry, the cleaning, the homework helping, the neverending kitchen duty, and much much more. But I am thankful for this work of being a wife and mother. Thankful that God has blessed me so very much. And other moms out there - I just want you to know that when you get bogged down in the laundry - think of me....you are not alone!!!
I did get ALL of the laundry folded (which was more than what is even shown in the picture) and put away! It felt SOOO good. I didn't get around to frosting the cake until 9:30pm on Friday - but I was way more motivated to finish up a cake at 11pm knowing how excited the girls would be to see it in the morning!

No comments: