On Saturday, November 28 - we headed into Heidelberg for the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market). Shane was at a birthday party (therefore you will not see any photos of him). We enjoyed walking around, peeking into all the stalls, and checking out all the neat items. I even found a Polish pottery stall - but didn't purchase anything as the prices were a bit higher than what I paid when I was in Poland last weekend. The kids enjoyed watching the skaters on the iceskating rink and really wanted to go, but we didn't have time. Once we got home we realized Jer and I have skates here, as well as 2 pairs of kid skates....so we may head back there yet.
The girls
We got Gluhwein and Kinderpunch and even tried some Heiss Orangensaft (which basically tasted just like Tang....do they even sell Tang anymore?) And of course had some wurst as well. YUM!
Silas and Mommy enjoying the warm drinks.
Sydney was excited to get something warm to drink too. Our table had a nice little spot underneath that was perfect for the girls.
Walking through the streets - and of course a trip to Heidelberg wouldn't be complete without a photo of the castle!
No comments:
Post a Comment