Today we piled up the van with all our ski gear (6 pairs of ski boots, 6 sets of skis and poles, helmets, gloves, coats, snowpants, etc...) and of course all 7 of us too, and headed to the Black Forest to go skiing!! With all the snow we've had this past week - we just couldn't resist getting on the slopes again. The kids were all super excited...especially Silas. We ordered him a set of beginner boots and skis this year and he's been wanting to go ever since they arrived on the doorstep. For his first time - he did AWESOME! We are so proud of our little man (and the other kids too, for picking up right where they left off last year). Skiing is sort of like riding a bike - once you learn you can pick it right back up again (or at least I hoped this was true as today was also MOMMY's turn to put back on the skis after like 20 years).
Daddy took Silas down for his first run, then he worked with Silas at the bottom of the hill, and later took Silas down for a few more runs...what a sport Silas was!

Shane and Sydney ready to go too!
Okay - here is the proof - Mommy on skis! Lookout at the bottom, here I come!!!

Shane was my instructor for the day. He did a great job of taking me up the lift, and showing me what to do. When we got to the top he explained to me the steep part of the hill and the more gradual slope...both looked steep to me! He basically said "SNOWPLOW, SNOWPLOW, SNOWPLOW" all the way down. I did my snowplow, fell a number of times, and have bruises to show for it! I definately felt my age today...oh am I sore! But I enjoyed it too. And am glad I got to spend the day on the slopes with the kids.
Shane was my instructor for the day. He did a great job of taking me up the lift, and showing me what to do. When we got to the top he explained to me the steep part of the hill and the more gradual slope...both looked steep to me! He basically said "SNOWPLOW, SNOWPLOW, SNOWPLOW" all the way down. I did my snowplow, fell a number of times, and have bruises to show for it! I definately felt my age today...oh am I sore! But I enjoyed it too. And am glad I got to spend the day on the slopes with the kids.
Looking cool - Instructor Shane!
And just in case you were wondering - where was Shelby?? Well the first bit she was all bundled up like a little snowball in the Bjorn on me - while Jer went with the kids. Then when it was my turn, Jer took her. I can't believe we didn't get a picture of her in her snowsuit - or one of her attached to either of us in the Bjorn (as it is quite the sight). Jer did happen to take this photo of him and her (proof that she was with us and that we are crazy enough to take 5 kids along with us skiing).
We had a great day - the kids were very tired on the drive home - but we were so glad we got to enjoy this wonderful day together as a family. Here are two more photos of the ski place. The first one when we first arrived, with the sun about to peak out over the trees - and then the second with the clear blue sky in the afternoon. Beautiful!
1 comment:
Oh Boy...you make us look lazy! We are tooo tired to load up 4 kids for activities! There is no snow here yet, but the kids have their sleds all ready to go!
Post a Comment