This afternoon we went to the Steinsberg ruins near Sinsheim. As I mentioned in my previous post it was an absolutely GORGEOUS day! It was great to be outside in the sunshine.
Jer and the kids around the ruins - this huge tree was planted back in 1825!
Looking up at the tower....now to go inside and climb to the top....I wonder how many stairs there are...
Shane inside the tower...the walls were 4 meters thick. I didn't end up counting the stairs as they were wooden and steep. I was concentrating more on not falling then on counting.
At the top - what a view. You can see Sinsheim and the Rhein Neckar Arena in the background. Another veiw overlooking vineyards and a little town. There was also this circular map/guide that showed where we were (on the Steinsberg tower) in the middle and what was in each direction around us. This was great so we could tell what we were looking at in the distance.
Shaylee at the top - and looking down onto the courtyard below...
The German flag was flying at the top of the tower - I took the picture because I liked the bright colors against the CLEAR blue sky.
Heading back down all those stairs!
There was a little park by the ruins - so Jer and I sat on a bench in the sun while the kids played. Silas actually took this picture (the kids are playing on the swings..you can't really see them)
Shaylee wanted me to take this picture of her holding her stick she found. Daddy had peeled off the bark and it was nice and smooth. She actually said "can you post this picture on the blog so grandma can see my stick." So there you are grandma - enjoy the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment