Silas in the Spotlight

I had some random pictures of Silas- and so I thought I would put him in the spotlight and do a post on just him. He is such a joy to have around. I love spending my mornings with just him. He has such a personality - I don't remember any of my other kids be quite as animated as he is at age 2!
He loves hats - and mostly likes ones that are not his...he'll put on boots and shoes and gloves that belong to others as well and just tromp around the house. He is also soooo precious when he is asleep. I usually have to wake him up from his nap in order to pick Shaylee up from school - so I often get to watch him sleeping before I wake him. My friend Emily had asked me if I had any pictures of Silas sleeping recently (since often with the youngest child we forget to capture precious moments like these)...and so I didn't waste anytime in pulling out the camera and snapping a few shots of him. Before long he'll be bumped out of his youngest child position, so I treasure each moment I have with him lately.

Here he is playing with his Moon Sand that grandma gave him for Christmas. Amazingly it isn't as messy as I thought it would be. He is still under constant supervision while playing with it just in case he gets a little wild. This particular day he wore his pj's all day. I didn't take the time to change him before we brought the older kids to school - and when we got home he just wanted to keep them on...so I let him. When Jer got home from work he asked why Silas was ready for bed...I just had to admit that he'd been in his jammies all day.
Like I said before - he likes hats...or in this case, a bucket he used as a helmet. He ran around the house chasing Shane with this "helmet" on...laughing hysterically...until he bumped into Syd and went crashing down...I think that was due to him not really being able to see where he was going!
I really need to get more video of him when he is acting all silly...but he is amazing at shutting it off when the camera comes out. He is also very quiet in public and won't talk to anyone - so no one really knows just how vocal he is becoming. At home he is really talking more and more. Still a favorite is "why" and recently it comes in 3's "why? why? why?" I respond with "because, because, because". The other thing that he recently has started (and I have no idea why) is calling Shane and Shaylee "that guy". He only calls Sydney by her name. The other two are "that guy there" or "that guy go upstairs" etc...it is hillarious - but I'm trying to get him to say their names....no such luck yet. We are also trying to teach him to use the potty all by himself. He's been potty trained for months already - however he usually tells us "I go pee" and we go with him to the bathroom, pull down his pants, and set him on the potty. So lately when he says "I go pee" we say "okay, go to the bathroom, you can do it". Sometimes he will go, and then he yells "mommy" so I will come and check on him and he is so proud that he has in fact done it all by himself. But other times he will just hold it longer and keep on playing, or give you this "how?" answer - meaning "I don't know how to do it"...which isn't true...but he loves to use that excuse. He uses the "how?" excuse for pulling up his pants too...so I show him how and make him do it by himself and he can do it. What a stinker!! There is a ton more I could write about him - but I think we will keep it to these highlights for now...I'm sure I'll be taking more pictures of him and have more reasons to post about him in the near future.

No comments: