Shane's 9th Birthday Party

Friday after school Shane had 3 friends over for his 9th Birthday party. This year he picked out an army tank birthday cake. So we went with an army theme for his party. I'm so thankful for the internet and the ability to "google" something to get a list of ideas!!! One of Shane's birthday gifts was an army outfit (for Fasching)that he wore for his birthday party.

We started the party off with cake and icecream since the boys were all hungry after school.

A closeup of the cake.
Then they headed downstairs for the traditional game of "lazer tag".


After a scavenger hunt through the house (they had clues/riddles they had to solve, and then they could locate where the next clue would be). They ended up in the living room with the final clue stating Shane could open his gifts.


The boys played Shane's new card game Top Trumps for awhile - then I sent them outside for a snowball fight in the backyard while I got supper ready.
They had a blast outside - but were ready to warm up in the house again with supper. After supper they put together Shane's new lego sets and played in the basement more with the nerf guns and such. The boys all played well together and as far as I could tell had a great time together. Shane was one happy (almost) 9 year old come bedtime....and I was one tired mommy...maybe we will tackle a sleepover next year...

1 comment:

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHANE!! Caden enjoyed the pictures of your party!