Skiing at Mehliskopf (updated with pictures!)

On Saturday, January 16, 2010 we took the kids to Mehliskopf, in the Black Forest, for some skiing and sledding. Originally we planned to go to Hundseck, where we had gone last year - however after arriving there we were told that the kid-friendly slopes were under repair and wouldn't be open until next season....so we headed down the road to Mehliskopf instead. Fortunately we had left pretty early - and so still arrived when it wasn't so busy. By the time we left (a little before noon) the place was packed and almost dangerous with so many skiers and people everywhere.
Shane and Jer took a few runs first to get Shane back into the swing of things - and then Jer took Sydney up and let Shane go on his own. Jer ended up working with Syd for the rest of the time - trying to get her more comfortable on her skis and going down the slopes etc.. Shaylee, Silas and I watched them for awhile and then headed over to the sledding hill. We had borrowed some circular sleds from a friend. These circular type sleds you can't really steer. Shaylee went for one wild ride and came to a sudden stop when she hit a fence! After that, we opted to play on the playground and get some hot chocolate.

Just hanging around in the snow....Silas ready to give the sledding a go.

Playing at the playground.

It was really a lovely day. The sun came out and it was nice to be outside in the fresh air. After we were done skiing we went for a nice drive through the Black Forest. It was BEAUTIFUL up there! See the pictures below! Okay- you won't see anymore pictures because apparently I have used up all of my FREE space for photos....I must just put too many photos out here. So until I figure out how to get more space...you'll just have to wait on those beautiful photos.

UPDATED! I got more space - so here are those photos!!!!

Snow-covered trees....above the clouds...I'm glad we are up here enjoying the sunshine!


As stated before - the trees were just beautiful with all the snow and the sunshine and blue sky! What a wonderful CREATOR we have! His majesty abounds in the beauty around us!

No comments: