Milan

Sunday evening - April 12, 2009

We were staying in Milan overnight, but we knew that if we went to the hotel we wouldn't want to leave again -so instead we headed straight to the Duomo. The Duomo is amazing! It is the most beautiful church (on the outside) we have seen yet in Europe. I think this is due to its color - it is made from pink and white marble. It is just magnificent! We didn't make it there in time to get in, or to go up on the roof and see over Milan...but that was okay...we can't do everything...but we sure try.

We also went into the Galleria - which is a glass-domed building off the main square...full of shopping and people watching....I must admit I felt a bit casual in fashionable Milan!
The stores were closed but we did plenty of window shopping. We found more Prada - so had to take another picture in front of the store!
And Shane in front of the statue of Leonardo da Vinci - A picture with a statue is just about as good as actually seeing The Last Supper ....right??

No comments: