Friday, April 17, 2009 - We (Jeremy, Ellen and Kimber) headed to Paris via the ICE train. We were embarking on an adventure without the kids! Once we figured out the Metro system we were on our way to our first stop -The Louvre. This museum is HUGE - what else can I say....

Jer by a black stone pillar which bears the code of the Babylonian King Hammurabi, and dates from about 1700 BC. Now that is OLD!
From our Metro stop we found a little news stand that was selling the Paris Museum Pass - which gets you into over 60 museums and monuments in and around Paris. Best part is that you can get right in to most places and avoid long lines. We each got a pass which was good for 2 days. We were very happy with the pass - especially on Saturday when it was rainy and the museums were crowded....no lines for us! Now were ready to take on the Louvre.

Pictures of the Louvre courtyard from inside one of the wings....did I mention this place is HUGE.

Jeremy and I standing in front of the glass pyramid entrance. And then in the Louvre - under the glass pyramid.
Pictures of the Louvre courtyard from inside one of the wings....did I mention this place is HUGE.
Jeremy and I standing in front of the glass pyramid entrance. And then in the Louvre - under the glass pyramid.
Kimber and Ellen in the Louvre - it was awesome! We did a TON of walking...but at this point our feet were not hurting...we had only just begun! Jer in the Louvre - he was reading up on some painting from our guidebook....classic picture.
Below - some of our favorite exhibits...
Ellen standing by Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa.
Jer by a black stone pillar which bears the code of the Babylonian King Hammurabi, and dates from about 1700 BC. Now that is OLD!
Pillar from the palace of King Darius. The description picture shows that there were several of these gigantic pillars holding up the ceiling of the palace. From the description you can see that the pillars were much taller -that must have been quite the palace!

Venus de Milo - Greek statue

While viewing the Venus de Milo - Jeremy was going to read up this famous statue. He had the guidebook out and Ellen was standing next to him giving him her own artistic impression. I took a picture of them...then another...as I found it quite funny...apparently so did they!




While viewing the Venus de Milo - Jeremy was going to read up this famous statue. He had the guidebook out and Ellen was standing next to him giving him her own artistic impression. I took a picture of them...then another...as I found it quite funny...apparently so did they!
No comments:
Post a Comment