Here is how this all transpired....Shaylee had been coloring nicely at the table, Silas was in his highchair eating a snack and I ran downstairs to check on the laundry -for like 2 minutes. I come back and nothing seems amiss - however I notice some hair on the floor. Shaylee, "what is this?" I ask. The response I get is a sly little grin and a "I want short hair." After sweeping it up and throwing it away - I come across more evidence - in the trash - Shaylee had already attempted to hide the evidence. So I ask again "where else did you cut?" It wasn't until later that I realized she cut a piece right in front - but fortunately it is sort of hidden - for now.
The first evidence of a hair cut....the culprit coloring as if nothing has happened....if you look closely you can see where she snipped her pony tail....the blue dustpan contains what Shaylee cut (not including what was already in the trash can).
So in order to prevent Shaylee from attempting a repeat haircut - I decided to trim her hair up (about 3 inches) on my own. This is no easy task! I really appreciate my sister and her ability to cut hair! I'm sure we will need a professional trim the next time we see Kerri!
Shaylee is THRILLED with her shorter hair - I haven't seen someone so excited to have her hair cut!
Anyway - Shaylee might just be the next one in our family to cut hair for a living....lets just hope she waits a few more years!
2 comments:
Hey there guys,
You'll have to tell Shaylee that Uncle Kraig and Auntie Danielle think she looks very cute with her shorter hair. But maybe next time she just has to wait for her mom to cut it for her. :-) Sometimes things happen faster though if you just do it and ask permission later I guess!
Love you guys
I can so feel your pain! Hailey did that to her bangs right before preschool started, up to the scalp - you might remember? At any rate, she even hid it in the garbage and put the scissors away when she was done! Sneaky little thing! So, i'm right there with ya :)
Post a Comment