More from Spain

Palamos - Costa Brava - Spain
One evening we headed to the town of Palamos for supper. There was a long boardwalk along the coast - sand on one side, restaurants on the other. Most restaurants don't open until late - like 8pm, which gets a bit late for little kids like ours - and tourist season isn't in full swing yet here either - but we did happen to find a little place open and we sat outside and enjoyed our supper. We opted for some pizza this time...
Views of the coastline - our crew took up most of the boardwalk!

Silas and Jer - strolling along.

Each day we tried out a different beach. On Wednesday, May 20th, we headed to a beach by the name of Llafranc or Calella de Palafrugell (or so I think). It's hard to get all the places straight - there were so many beaches! This was a slightly larger beach, the kids enjoyed swimming, digging a huge hole, building sandcastles, and collecting sea glass and other rocks. Jer and Mark took a hike up the hill side to get some great photos.

Building sand castles and enjoying the water...

digging and playing in the huge hole.
what a cutie Shaylee is sporting Lisa's hat....as for me, I put my feet in the water, and walked along the edge - but that was as far as I went in....the water was just too cold...to be honest I was surprised Jer didn't come running over and throw me in!

Pictures from Jer's hike
The rock cliffs, and a look back on the beach we were at....
the tourquise green water - and more rock caves and inlets - best discovered by kayak...we tried to rent one, however there was a special class of sorts going on...oh well.
Did I mention that we really enjoyed this vacation- Spain was such a beautiful place.

No comments: