German Military Cemetary


This German cemetery is the resting place for 21,000 German soldiers. It was good for us to stop here as well. To ponder the lives lost on both sides. Each man -American or German had a mother who loved him, a family who missed him. These men died here on this foreign soil in France, and here they will remain - only to be remembered by those who pass by as the years go on. We must remember the tragedy of war, the scars it leaves behind, and learn from history.
What can I teach my kids through all of this? What can I teach them about God? I can teach them about God's unconditional love, about the sacrifice of His son Jesus....that Jesus died, His blood was shed on a cross for our sins - for all sins - to save and redeem those who believe in him...about forgiveness and the peace that comes from Him...and that is awesome!

No comments: