We went to church in the morning and they handed out roses to all the ladies (even Sydney and Shaylee and Shelby). On the rose was a card with this verse: Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:28-30.
I love Proverbs 31. It sums up what I, as a mom and wife, want to strive to be. It also reminds me of Jer's mom, Willie, and the Godly woman that she was. On Mother's Day we take special time to remember her. I'm so thankful to Willie, for the Godly example she set for Jer as he was growing up, and for the example she was to me when I joined the Van Essen family. We love her and miss her dearly!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment