A New Shoot is Blooming

On Friday, March 26th a bunch of gals from the school where Shane and Sydney attend got together and threw me a baby shower. My good friend Lexi made the cake and another good friend Catia opened up her home and planned all the games and activities. We had a great time doing "baby shower" games, eating great food, and just having a good time together with a bunch of great gals. Silas was really excited because he got the baby bottle full of M&M's - since mommy's guess was only 7 off the actual number. Mommy was tie with Petra, who was also only 7 off, but she was nice enough to let Silas have the M&M's. Thanks gals for an awesome time! And of course for all the adorable gifts.


Finally this weekend we moved Silas's bed out of his room and up to Shane's room. The boys will now be sharing a room (so far so good). Silas was excited to move upstairs and said "I move to Shane's room and baby get me room." He is too sweet! With the move I was able to clean out the closet shelves and make room for all the baby items I got at the shower. I also was lent a bunch of clothes from a friend who just had a baby girl back in October....so the closet is filling up nicely! Jer has to bring the crib up from the basement yet and get that set up, but soon I hope to have the nursery ready for this new little one.

2 comments:

Deb VE said...

So I guess we know it is a girl? Sorry if that was old news, I seem to be kind of out of the loop! Aunt Deb

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

When is the time? I can't believe you will have 7 in your family. Those 7 flowers on the cake hit kind of funny -- it's hard to believe there will be another little VanEssen! I am so excited for you. You are a fantastic mommy, and I will be praying for you!!! We are good. The weather is awesome and the kids are growing up so much!