With Silas - I just opted to take his clothes off - he went right into the bathtub when he was finished.
Silas painted a bunch of different colors and then I finished his painting by adding a big "S" in the middle (as this baby's name will also start with an S). Now when he sees his painting he points to it and says "S".
Here are the girls' finished works of art hanging on the nursery wall. Syd did an outdoor scene with trees, a path, river and pond. Shaylee painted the sun and flowers. On the other wall they painted scenes with flowers and butterflies. I have a few more blank canvas frames left - so maybe on another rainy day or when the kids claim to be "bored" I'll let them paint some more.
The nursery is shaping up nicely. Jer set the crib up last weekend and I bought a few baskets this week (that organizational nesting setting in) to put misc. baby items in on the changing counter. (Notice where I hung Silas's "S") The girls also drew pictures of themselves with the baby - so those are hanging up now too.

I think we are pretty much set - now we just need the baby to arrive!!!
2 comments:
Awesome idea! I love their paintings! That's my style of decorating too!!
excited to hear about your new addition. Lynds and I have been trying to guess what S name will be next:)
Post a Comment