Ice Skating

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 our church rented a local ice-skating rink for the evening. The previous Saturday we had pulled out all the kids' ice skates and they tried them out on the ice on the creek. So, come this Saturday the kids were really excited to go skating again - and at a wide open rink! Grandpa and Ms. Fay were also there and that was great especially for me (since Fay watched over Shelby) so I could skate as well. Shelby loved looking through the glass at all the skaters going by...



See that blue blurr...that would be Sydney (I'm pointing her out, since I didn't get any other photos of her that night).


Grandpa also took Shelby out on the ice....she wasn't so sure what to think of that...but I think she liked it! And look - there I am - helping Silas....or was he helping me?!?


Here is Shane....he's covered in ice...mostly because of all the intentional sliding he was doing. He had fun playing ball with some other boys...who knew you could play football on iceskates?



Daddy and Shaylee....she is our go-getter on ice-skates. Like father, like daughter!



And Silas....he was slipping and sliding all over the place at the beginning of the night.



But he finally got his feet under him and by the end of 2 hours - was doing GREAT!



(note to my friend Verena: Silas is wearing the skates I got from you (do you remember???) they must have been Stella's - although I'm not sure she ever wore them. Anyway I thought of you when I put them on him).


We had a fun evening - and hope to maybe go again in a few weeks :)

No comments: