Sydney's Birthday Celebrations

November is a busy month for birthdays around here. And this year November was even busier with the kids having had fall break the first week (stay tuned for more posts on that), and my sister arriving the second week (more posts ahead on that as well) -November has really flown by. I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is tomorrow!!! Things have slowed down a bit and so I hope to get some updates to the blog. We will start with Syd's birthday - even though I truely have tons of other posts to go before her (if I did them in correct order)- but she is super special and deserves to be first!
Syd actually got to celebrate her birthday twice. Once with us at home on her actual birthday, and then again on Friday afterschool with her friends for her birthday party! My sister was here for her actual birthday - and so we made cupcakes for her, thus saving her cake for her party. I found this #8 birthday candle (that I believe we used with Shane a few years back) and it worked perfect with the cupcakes. Hard to believe she is 8 already! We love you dearly Syd, you are such a sweet girl.
Syd wanted a dog cake/party theme this year. When I was looking for invitations for her party I found some Littlest PetShop ones and decided that would work nicely. So when it came to making the cake I asked her to get one of her Littlest PetShop figurines, and I'd try my best to make something from that. Here it is!
Syd had 4 girls over from her class for her party. They played some games, did a craft, went on a scavenger hunt, ate some cake, opened gifts, and then were up to Syd's room to play for the remainder of the party.
Girls with Syd and the cake. Then playing "Pin the Collar on the Puppy". It is amazing how at each party they never tire of this game. We've done it so many ways - they love it each time! Maybe its the blindfolding and spinning of friends that they like most?!?
The girls making a craft (picture frames) just like we did a Shaylee's party. They all did a great job...I think I might go buy some more and make some for myself! Glitter glue, gems, stickers...maybe I'll do a Christmas theme...oh what fun! Then it was time for the gifts. I think the girls giving the gifts were just as excited about giving the gifts as Sydney was receiving them! It was so neat to see them so excited and happy for Syd. Then they were off to Syd's room to play with the new toys...fun, fun, fun!
Thank you for the fun gifts. Sydney LOVES them all and has been busy playing ever since her party!
It is GREAT to be EIGHT!

No comments: