Painted Picture Frames

Monday, July 13, 2009

The kids had friends, Jacey and Daniel, over again. We have so much fun with those 2. The girls are always asking to play over there - and Jacey is always asking to play by us....fun, fun, fun! So last week when I was at IKEA with the kids, I had picked up some wooden picture frames. I had in mind for the kids to each paint their own. I had picked up 2 sets, since they came in sets of 3 and I needed 4. So I had two extra - the perfect number - for when Jacey and Daniel were here. So I pulled out the paints and the kids set to work.


Silas busy painting - he actually did a GREAT job on his...just blobs of different colors - but it turned out really neat.

Shaylee and Daniel busy at work.
The whole crew around the table.
Funny story to go along with this post - As I was putting pictures into the kids' frames I realized that the plexi-glass had black markings on it. I was so disapointed...but I figured, this is what you get for buying cheap frames, that were on clearance at IKEA. Well then 2 days later, Sydney was showing off her picture frame to another friend of mine and I saw she had scratched on her plexi-glass trying to get the black marking off. It was then that I realized that the black marking was on a protective piece of plastic covering- that can be easily removed from the plexi-glass. So now I have removed the protective covering - and have clear (as clear as one can get with plexi-glass) pictures of the kids - inside their painted picture frames.

No comments: