The kids had friends, Jacey and Daniel, over to play the other afternoon. They played quietly upstairs for quite awhile, which was great for me (I got some ironing done). Then, after a snack, I pulled out the playdough. They had so much fun making "cookies". It was like a competition to see who could make the most. With that many kids playing with the different colors, I gave up trying to prevent them from mixing up the colors. Now we have a few "new" colors to play with.

Shane showing off his "cookies". Jacey and Sydney working together.

The girls...and a close up of their creations...
On Friday I ventured to IKEA with my 4 kids in tow. I was hoping to pick up some coloring books - however they no longer had the ones I was looking for. It was a pack of 5 for only 5 Euro...and these were knight and princess books with thick paper so you could use them for markers, crayons, or even paints. I was pretty bummed they were out. But what can you do...you got to go right away if you want to get the bargain here. So anyway - I picked up a box of "pearlen" as Shaylee calls them...they are actually little plastic beads. You arrange them on forms (squares, hearts, circles etc..) with little nobbies to hold them in place and then melt them down together with a hot iron. The kids spent HOURS playing with them on Friday and Saturday.

Shane showing off his "cookies". Jacey and Sydney working together.
The girls...and a close up of their creations...
On Friday I ventured to IKEA with my 4 kids in tow. I was hoping to pick up some coloring books - however they no longer had the ones I was looking for. It was a pack of 5 for only 5 Euro...and these were knight and princess books with thick paper so you could use them for markers, crayons, or even paints. I was pretty bummed they were out. But what can you do...you got to go right away if you want to get the bargain here. So anyway - I picked up a box of "pearlen" as Shaylee calls them...they are actually little plastic beads. You arrange them on forms (squares, hearts, circles etc..) with little nobbies to hold them in place and then melt them down together with a hot iron. The kids spent HOURS playing with them on Friday and Saturday.
My green serving trays come in handy as well...trying to prevent the little beads from ending up all over the floor...
1 comment:
Hey, I`m glad she got to use her kitty again and happy to hear you survived the trip with all four to IKEA
Verena
Post a Comment