This weekend we had 2 extra kids with us. We watched the Dickson boys, Marik and Kelan, while their parents and sisters were in Paris. They came late Thursday night (so their parents wouldn't have to drop them off at 4:30 in the morning). They had a sleepover up in Shane's room and even though it was 11pm when they were finally ready for bed, they still put in a DVD and watched that....although I think they were asleep before it was actually over. They were up bright and early Friday morning (6:30am). I was really hoping they'd sleep in...but not to be...they were ready to go...and go we did - all day long. They watched some tv, ate breakfast, played legos, played in the basement, played Wii, and played outside - riding bikes and such...and that was all before 10am! I pulled out a 500 piece puzzle and got them working on that and before long they were finding other things to do until lunchtime. Then after lunch and Silas's nap we headed to the park. I really wish I would have brought my camera there. They (being Kelan, Shane, Marik, Sydney and Shaylee) all piled on to the merry-go-round and tried to spin it as fast as it could go. It was hilarious - and they had a blast! But I must admit I was worried that one of them was going to end up puking up their lunch! Then they all piled on to the teeter-totter and were going up and down so hard - someone was bound to get hurt - and hurt they did. Kelan fell off and Syd came down on his leg. He has quite the bruise to show for it too. So Kelan took it easy - while the other kids played on the other equipment. I played in the sand with Silas. Finally it was time to head back home. We had a snack and then back outside to play some more. They played on their bikes and with anything else they could find in the garage. They really had a fun time...but there were some points in time when I was a bit concerned that we were going to be piling everyone into the van and heading to the ER. Fortunately that did not happen! The boys were playing "army" and used the wagon as a tank and a big red baseball bat as a gun...very imaginative if you ask me (see pictures).
Shane and Marik - they were up against Kelan on a bicycle...

What are they aiming at?....look closely for the bike tire sticking out from behind the wall...then they were then using the middle bushes as cover....I think Shaylee was just along for the wagon ride!

Somewhere along the line- I went inside and found a bag of water-balloons. I spent about an hour filling up water balloons...I couldn't fill them as fast as they could pop them. Finally I filled up 2 for each of them and gave them strict instructions NOT to break them so I could actually get a photo! They had a ton of fun - and got VERY wet as well! Even I ended up wet...did I really expect anything less?!?

This was Silas's first experience with water-balloons. He thought they were GREAT!

Finally it was time to go inside and get something ready for supper. I was thinking of grilling - but wasn't sure what time Jeremy would actually be home - so opted for spaghetti. It was a good call - because Jer ended up being late due to being caught in a STAU. At supper time the Dickson boys' parents called and talked to them a bit. It was then that I think the boys realized just how much they actually did miss their mom and dad. After Jer ate he took the boys and headed over to the Dickson's house to let their dog out. While they were gone I had the girls and Silas take baths and get ready for bed. Jer then took the boys for a long bike ride and I put the girls and Silas to bed. When the boys returned they all took showers and then was time for them to head to bed as well. This night the boys were all sleeping together in the tent in the basement (somewhere in our busy day we sent the tent up in the basement and they played in there too for awhile). They again picked out a DVD to watch - but before long they were sound asleep. Jeremy and I also picked out a DVD and settled in to watch one too...ahhh piece and quiet at last!!!!
That was just Friday (not to mention the meal prep, dishes, mopping up of spills, laundry, and all those other things that take place in a normal day)! Stay tuned for more to come on what we did on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment