Last week (June 3 to be exact) we decided to start "officially" potty training Silas. I say "officially" because we have been putting him on the potty before his bath and at other odd times for about the last 6 months, but not doing anything more than that. But because of his familiarity with his potty seat and peeing on the potty occasionally we figured it was about time to go for it. I wasn't sure how it was going to go - but it has gone AWESOME! The first day was just getting use to being without a diaper and he peed often in his undies. I basically let him run around in undies and would take him every 15 minutes or so. Sometimes he would pee on the potty - and sometimes he wouldn't. Day 2 went even better with more success on the potty - and less accidents. And by Day 3 he was good at holding it and telling me when he had to go. I was so excited! I had still been putting him in diapers when we left the house, but by this week decided it was time to go for all undies and no diapers (except for at night and naps). On Saturday we took him out touring with us and took the little potty chair in the van with us. He did GREAT! On Sunday he went to church in undies. We were in the nursery, so were able to take him twice - and again he did great! On Monday I wanted to give Silas a little test to see how he was really doing. So instead of taking him often - I sort of let him just play and see what he would do....when he needed to pee he would come find me, point to his bottom and then I'd take him and he'd pee on the potty! (And even poop too!!!) By Tuesday he still doing awesome and made it to school with mommy, errand running, and back home again. While at one store Silas pointed to his bottom (his sign that he has to pee) while he was sitting in the cart. So I found the bathroom and he went there. YIPEE!!!! On Wednesday he was with a friend while I had a party for Shane's class at school and he did great for her too. I'm so proud of him! Way to go Silas!!!

Here is the big boy sitting on the potty (and yes eating an icecream bar at the same time)!
Note: Silas tells me when he has to go - and we take him, pull down his pants, and put him on the potty. He is getting better at pulling his pants down on his own, and pulling them back up again - but we still need to work on this skill. It will be awhile before he is going all on his own -but for now I'm happy that he is mostly out of diapers and doing so well being a BIG BOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment