Shelby
So I really need to write down a few things about Shelby. She is already 13 months old! She is still our pipsqueak - and has actually been nicknamed "Scooter" since she has mastered her but scooting. Our wood floor at the cabin is perfect for sliding on....and she can get where she wants to go fast! I actually got down on the floor and attempted the "but-scoot" - let me tell you, it is NOT EASY. How she does it all day is really amazing. The first week we were here we really tried to get her to crawl. My brother worked with her and we saw some major progress in her strength and ability to pull herself up on all fours....but the little stinker that she is, still doesn't crawl. She instead has used her new found strength to push herself up (from her tummy) on to her but into a sitting position. This in itself, is great - but she now goes straight into sitting from her tummy and off she goes scooting on her but again! Did I say she is a stinker!!! And stinking cute too with her silly little grin....she knows mommy wants her to crawl and she just prefers to but-scoot! She has really progressed in the past weeks and also will pull herself up to standing when she is in the pack 'n' play, and I even found her standing by the toilet (not sure if I should encourage that one). If we stand her up by furniture - she will stand for quite some time (holding on for dear life) and still on her tip-toes, but we are getting there. She knows what "NO, NO" means - and when she is reaching for something she is not suppose to have she will look at you, smile that cheeky smile of hers and then turn and reach again...typical one year old! She is eating more table food (she really likes oatmeal and chicken nuggets) but I'm still giving her baby food (out of jars etc...since its just so easy). She mostly likes grean beans, and her new favorite is squash. We are still working on getting her to take a sippy cup - she mostly just plays with them yet. As for sleeping - she is finally getting better again - but the first weeks after getting to the US she was awake WAY too much in the night. I think of course her time schedule was obviously off - and I was spoiling her by getting up with her (in the middle of the night) basically any time she made a peep. I would just pull her into bed with me and nurse her and she'd go right back to sleep...and so would I - but not a very restful sleep. Now that I have been at the cabin this week (the previous weeks we've been here, there and everywher it seems) I've moved her out of my room and have been trying to let her cry it out....I say trying, because I'm not very good at this at all, I'm such a softy! She is doing better. If I put her to bed at 8:30 she is usually up again between 11:30 and 12:30. I'll nurse her again - put her back in the pack n' play and then I don't hear her until 4:30 or 5....I'm trying to really hold her off until 5...so we are getting there...someday she will sleep through the night again...someday! Okay - I'm sure I could write more about little Shelby - but I can't remember anything more off the top of my head right now. And I honestly don't even have a recent photo to post...I'll have to try and capture her standing soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment