Well Shelby is officially on the move....only she is stuck in REVERSE! The other day I had left her playing on the floor in the living room while I ran downstairs to change over a load of laundry. When I came back up I noticed she was no longer on the rug where I had left her....she had managed to back her way into a corner by the couch. At first I was so shocked, but then I ran for the camera as I've got to capture these moments. She seemed to be pretty proud of herself...but at the same time she wasn't too happy about being stuck...she couldn't move backwards any further!
You can see just how far she moved...I left her by the pink boppy pillow on the right side of the photo...she rolled over and then found her way off the rug and into the corner. From now on I'll have to make sure the entire area surrounding her is safe...back to baby proofing the house again:)
Here I was asking her..."Shelby, how did you get over there?"
I then moved her back to the rug and she proceeded to show me her REVERSE moving skills. She pushes her self up, attempts to get up on her knees (see photo) - but ends up pushing herself backwards. She is like a little inchworm in reverse. It has been nice having her stuck in neutral - but now that she's found reverse it's only a matter of time before she figures out how to shift into 1st gear....and speed right on up from there....oh slow down baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment