The kids had an absolute blast making mud pies in their playhouse. Do you ever remember doing this as a kid?? I sure do. The kids spent HOURS out there making and mixing up mud. They used leaves, sticks, rocks, corn, pinecones, and anything else they could find to decorate their pies. They even made a pretend oven to cook them in. One night apparently some local racoons got hungry and came and ate all the corn off of the pies the kids had left out!!! With all this fun in the mud the kids came back to the house absolutely filthy - caked (no pun intended) with mud! I believe we showered them down with the garden hose outside before we even dared put them in the tub in the house! Oh the joys of being on the farm!

Sydney and Jaclyn showing off their mud pies

Levi stirring up some mud in the playhouse kitchen. I asked him to look up and smile at me for the picture, but he politely stated (while continuing to stir) that he was too busy mixing up something to stop for a photo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment