Belated Birthday Party

Today we had a belated birthday party for Shane. He invited 4 friends over and let me tell you - they had ENERGY!!!! From the moment they walked in the door they were bouncing off the walls. They had a great time!!!! Fortunately I had organized a few party games and calmed the boys down long enough to get out the instructions. We played the kids' all time party favorite "lazer tag" as well as another favorite "costume party". Thankfully the sun was out today (after several days of rain) and the boys could go outside and let off some of their energy on playing soccer! Shane got a portable goal and soccer ball for his birthday - so all the more reason to go outside and try them out!

Lazer Tag


Costume Party - Rameez, Tab, Tynan, Alex, and Shane......and Backyard Soccer Match

Another highlight was the CAKE. I made a Batman cake which required BLACK frosting. Thankfully my mom brought over the black food coloring paste when they came in February. The frosting turned out great - and really black - it left its mark on the kids' mouths! I got some great pictures of the boys - they thought it was AWESOME! I suppose that is boys for you. I hope it doesn't stain their teeth/tongues permanently!




After all that cake and icecream - Shane opened his gifts - if you look closely you can see the kids' mouths are still a bit black!
The boys were having so much fun in the backyard they weren't really ready to leave - I'm glad they all had a fun time! Thanks for coming....now I'm going to take a rest!

No comments: