Enjoying his cake. He wasn't quite sure what we wanted him to do with it at first. Then he was amazed that we actually let him dig his fingers into it. Finally he figured out that he could eat it and a mouthful was the best way!

Opening some gifts. Some of you may notice gifts that were given to Silas as a baby - I had kept them boxed up since Silas was too little to play with them. So they were rewrapped and opened by him (kids just love tearing off paper). I'm glad I kept his toys away from the other kids until now - as all the other 3 have been doing since he opened them is playing with them. I have to keep telling them "remember these are SILAS'S toys...let him play too."
To finish off the day we took the kids to the park - Silas enjoyed playing with his sand toys (the other kids did too - they fought over who got to pull the wagon to the park!) Silas also enjoyed the sand. He kept picking up handfulls and just watching it fall out of his hand. He did this over and over again.
1 comment:
From Danielle: Happy Mother's Day Kimber!
Thanks so much for this post. I loved thinking about in 4 months when Kyri will be a year. As I read about Silas letting the sand drop from his hands it reminds me of some of the small things Kyri is doing that feel like miracles to me: her opening and closing her hand (it looks like a wave) and transferring items from hand to hand. Its difficult for me to describe how amazing the changes are that I see in my baby.
Hope you had a great day!
Post a Comment