Little Pipsqueak



I think it is about time for an update on our little pipsqueak, Shelby. She is 18 months old - and just full of surprises! She definately keeps us on our toes - and keeps us smiling too!


She found this hat the other day - put it on - and away she went...she is such a hoot!

Last week I had her in for her checkup. She is such a little pipsqueak at only 18 pounds 9 ounces. Which is like .2 percentile!! She's always been small - fortunately she is still growing, just doing it on her own curve at her own rate. She is definately little miss pipsqueak!



Some of her antics include climbing in cupboards, standing on her toy car or on her rocking chair (yes, I know, real safe)! And thanks to her brother - she also thinks jumping off furniture is fun....um NOT!

Here she is with big sister Syd - if you saw in Syd's birthday post - Shelby looks a lot like Syd did when she was little!


Shelby also likes to play with her baby dolls - she carries them around, hugs and rocks them, and lays down on the floor with them and a blanket. It is so sweet to see.

She loves to play with the i-touch or the remote control for the TV. She thinks she is "big stuff" when she has either one in her hand (as she knows she NOT suppose to have them). Fortunately she is also content to play with an old cell phone we have...she walks around with it making all her important calls! She doesn't have many words. Basically "Hi Da" is heard most from her mouth. She does babble a lot - and I'm sure before long she'll be talking our ears off! She understands all commands and responds to most anything you ask her to do...except for when you tell her "NO" - then she simply smiles and turns away...I'm sure she is thinking "ha, I'm not about to listen to you tell me no...lets see what I can get away with!"


She isn't the best sleeper at night yet. Just ask Uncle Tom and Aunt Ruth about that when they stayed with us at Thanksgiving. Baby cousin Lydia (4 weeks old) sleeps better than Shelby! I must admit that as I write this - she has been sleeping through the night again for the past week....but I'm honestly not sure how long it will last. It seems as if she starts cutting teeth (which she has done on and off and on and off again for months) - her sleeping gets all messed up. And honestly I'm such a softy that it's easier for me to just get up with her than listen to her try and cry it out! She's my youngest and a little cuddle-bug...so I spoil her!

She is a pretty good eater - can feed herself. She can drink out of a cup by herself, but after a few sips prefers to blow bubbles...so mostly she still uses a sippy cup. Often when she's done eating she will try and climb out of her highchair. Always need to keep an eye on this one!

All in all she continues to be a joy! We love you little miss pipsqueak!

No comments: