I must admit it feels weird. I still don't think the whole reality of moving has hit me yet. Seeing these photos reminds me of when we first moved in. Has 4 years really gone by? Is it really our turn to return to the US? We've seen so many families come and go. Part of me has been waiting for this day since the day we moved in - and now here it is, and I just can't believe its all happening. The past weeks have been so busy - and I've just been go, go, go and haven't taken time to be emotional about it. I have had a few episodes of tears - often hitting me at times when I least expect it - something little will set me off. It is probably the little things that happen everyday that I will miss the most. Am I sad - yes and no. Knowing that the place where we've spent the past 4 years is empty - the place we called "home" is no longer our home, makes me sad. We've had some good memories made in this house (and some not so good ones too). It's the memories that I will treasure and the people that we had into our home that I will miss. And when I think of them - that is when I will tear up - not knowing when our paths will meet again. But am I excited about what adventures are ahead - absolutely!!! And God has been with us through it all. The strength I've had these past weeks has not been my own - it has been God in me - helping me - giving me HIS strength to lean on and to get through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment