On February 15, 2001 - I became a mom! Shane Jeremiah finally entered the world after being 7 days overdue (that is a long time to wait when one is so anxious to start labor and finally meet our little baby). A labor of love began on Valentine's Day as Jeremy and I finished up our last Lamaze class during which I was starting to have mild contractions. It would still be hours before Shane woud make his appearance....as he wasn't born until 7:44am on February 15. If I remember right he weighed 7lbs 14oz. Tears of JOY were shed as he finally entered the world - a healthy baby boy! It is hard to believe it as been 10 years - a DECADE! My firstborn has now reached the double digits...where has the time gone? Here is a little walk down memory lane....
The main reason I pulled up all these pictures of Shane was because he needed them for school. His teacher celebrates each child's birthday by askng for photos of them from birth through current age. The class then sits in a circle holding signs of the months and a candle is placed in the middle. The candle represents the sun. Shane then starts at his birthday month and walks around the sun while his class sings to him (sorry I can't remember all the words to the song they sing). As he gets back to February (his birth month) I got to hold up a picture of him and say a little bit about Shane. Once Shane reached 10 - the class sang Happy Birthday to him an he got to blow out the candle and make a wish. It is a very special celebration - and so I thought I'd share the above photos with you too. Here are some from the celebration at school.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANE!!!Shane is having a birthday party with some of his friends on Friday. Here is a sneak peek at the preparations....Star Wars theme this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment