The theme for MOPS this year is THE HOME FACTOR. We've been going through the rooms of the house - and touching on things throughout the home (of course). This week we were in the Children's room and one of the moms talked about being intentional with our kids in what we do with them, and how they play. She had some great ideas for learning activities for kids - and teaching kids basic skills while they think they are playing. One of the things she showed us was how to make was this goey stuff which is basically cornstarch and water. It is so weird - and so cool! It looks wet, yet feels dry - it is hard, but turns runny - it is so neat! And the kids LOVED it. And the best part is it dries - and so is actually very easy to sweep up when the kids are finished playing! Some of you may have heard of this before - others not - either way - get out the cornstarch, add some water - and HAVE SOME FUN!
Syd is mixing it up - goey - drippy - messy - and mom is letting us do this - WOW!

Here it is hard....just wait.....it turns goey - HOW DOES THIS WORK?? I don't know the scientific facts - all I know is it was fun for my kids - and I actually had the ingredients here in Germany!
Here it is hard....just wait.....it turns goey - HOW DOES THIS WORK?? I don't know the scientific facts - all I know is it was fun for my kids - and I actually had the ingredients here in Germany!
So moms out there - give it a try - and let me know what you think (or better what your kids think!)
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! I may have to wait until Ethan is done "taste testing" everything:)
Post a Comment